Thinking of getting an 03/04 Legacy GT Sedan - Questions about differences

Hi everyone, I'm considering getting myself an 03/04 Legacy GT Sedan. I test drove the 2005 base model (v4), and was quite impressed (Price as tested $28,000~ish CAN dollars). I was told the 2005 V6 starts at ~$36,000

I then checked out the autotrader to find that the 03/04 Legacys with under 20,000k go for ~$20,000, or about $10,000 cheaper then the newest model. Aside from the introduction of the turbo charge in 2005 GTs, is there that signifcant a difference between the years? Is there any reason I shouldn't just go with a used 03/04?

Also, on a side note, are GTs the only trim level with traction control?

Thanks Adrift in Canada

Reply to
test

Hi everyone, I'm considering getting myself an 03/04 Legacy GT Sedan. I test drove the 2005 base model (v4), and was quite impressed (Price as tested $28,000~ish CAN dollars). I was told the 2005 V6 starts at ~$36,000

I then checked out the autotrader to find that the 03/04 Legacys with under 20,000k go for ~$20,000, or about $10,000 cheaper then the newest model. Aside from the introduction of the turbo charge in 2005 GTs, is there that signifcant a difference between the years? Is there any reason I shouldn't just go with a used 03/04?

Also, on a side note, are GTs the only trim level with traction control?

Thanks Adrift in Canada

Reply to
Adrift

Adrift scribbled:

Well, first of all, the engines aren't V4s and V6s but H4s and H6s, H standing for horizontal.

250hp instead of 165, and a newer, better-looking design?

Traction control? If by that you mean the AWD, all Subarus have it.

Reply to
powertrain

qayhjsiv