Today in the subie shop......

Today's drama brought to you by Bayer aspirin.

A older out back wagon sets on the rack, and I didn't pay much attention to it. Jim, the service writher told me the story today. A really nice Dad bought this car used from a private party in Portland for his son to use in Collage. He drove it down to Eugene (120 miles) and as he drove it the temp went up, and up, and up. He made it here and had to push it into the parking lot. Great I'm at the repair shop, he must have thought. The inital report found the bottom of the radaitor split. COULD be the initial cause of the overheat. So a replacement radaitor with the warning that it could be worse. Mr Kind Dad said "I just bought the car!... Lets see what happens"

Well Mr Kind Dad, the news ain't good. Bothe the heads and the block are warped, thanks to your sone who didn't need to stop. The est is about 4000 for a repalcement engine and labor.

Sure hope the son is getting a good education in a good paying career.

Reply to
StephenW

The lessn- dnt buy a used car. If you do buy one old and cheap so when yu have to repair it you dont mind. This is why teens (boys at least) need to learn basic car repairs in H.S.

Reply to
bigjimpack

"boys at least" !!!!!

I hear my daughter laughing her head off at that one....sure sounds like something out of the 1950's.

Jerry (who's daughter doesn't need any stinkin' help for boys to fix her car!)

Reply to
Jerseyj

lol. I also know some young ladies who are pretty good with a wrench too.

Reply to
JD

Yes: where's Steve Jernigan's teenaged daughter when you need her?

Reply to
KLS

Hi, He is a Mr. Dunb/stupid dad for sure. Good role model for his son.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
bigjimpack

Ahem, best learning is from experience. We can crash as many cars we want if something is learned from it.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi,

They (both genders) COULD also learn to read gauges at home, AND learn when you PULL OVER!

I learned all about temp gauges when I was a kid and we had a car that routinely got "warm" or worse. My MOM was the teacher...

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Hi,

Like "If you don't crash it right, they'll put daisies on top of you?"

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

No, the lesson(!) is have it checked out by a mechanic before you pay up. Wife bought Forrester used from a dealer and have had few problems.

Reply to
Paul Knudsen