The Best Car in World Today

Trully the best and fastest sedan I have ever owned. Any sedan in the mid 50s that can get from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds in my book is far above average. My 535 handles extremely well and performs every bit as well as advertised. I highly recommend this car to any one. I am a car person who has rebuilt a muscle car and owned many great cars in my 63 years. This is probably the best car in the world today.

Lucern

The crown "Best Car in The World" will have to be a big one because it will have to somehow address the needs of all car owners to be the best of all in the world. Although I can't honestly think of one car that meets all of those criteria I can certainly think of cars that go a long way toward meeting criteria for certain kinds of driving.

Reply to
John S.

Wildly overpriced, ridiculously over complicated, poor reliability...yeah "Best Car in the World" if you are made of money. What makes it better than a Accord, Camry, Fusion for people of moderate means? The next time I am in Germany and get a chance to drive on the Autobahn, I'd love to rent one. For cruising around North Carolina, I'll save my money.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

I think they are attractive cars, and probably have very good engines and transmissions.

As they age, I have seen them have paint and body integrity deterioration, which is a little sad on a car like this.

The last time I looked at a Consumers Report rating (which, I readily admit is not rock solid information), the 500 and 700 series BMWs were rather disappointing.

Reply to
HLS

If I was made of money, I would buy a new Maserati car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You might really regret that, cuhulin, although they can be beautiful things.

A friend bought one a few years ago, and it spent two weeks in the shop for every week he drove it. Similar to helicopter maintenance.

I understand that Ferraris are very tough and dependable (surprising for an Italian car), but when you do have to take them to the shop, it costs you

Reply to
HLS

No way. My 1983 535i is much better. For one thing, it's paid for. Secondly it doesn't have all that electronic crap to break.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

My mechanic works on them, and I occasionally see one in his shop.

I had never seen a car where you had to pull the engine to get to one of the coolant hoses before.

--scott

You know, it's really nice leaving my car there, because I know if somebody is going to steal something from his lot, it's NOT going to be my 30-year-old BMW with the primer all over it.

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

My Maserati (I wish) does 185,,, I lost my license,,, now I do not drivvveee,,,,,, cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

My ex and I were driving up IH59 from Houston one afternoon when a young man passed us in a new yellow Biturbo. He was zipping along, changing lanes like a madman, weaving his way through the rest of us OF drivers, top down, just having a great time.

Up near Livingston, young man ran into Highway Patrol, and stationary radar outran his 185 mph Maserati.

Such are the mundane experiences that deflate the exuberance of youth ;>)

Reply to
HLS

Whats the name of that high speed highway in Houston? I think the name of it starts with K

I had to dive off of that highway.I can't drive that fast. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

There is no high speed highway in Houston, at least legally.

Beltway 8 or Sam Houston Parkway is one of the ones that is most abused. I drive 65 and am the slowest traffic on the parkway. People pass me at

90 MPH and more.

I have driven in the 140-150 mph range, but not with turdheads and secretaries

Reply to
HLS