Ever own a car...

You cant seem to let go of? Hauled my '40 coupe home yesterday to hang the front sheetmetal on it and then peddle it. I sold it once,bought it back and even though it's a distant 3'rd on the 'to-do' list I look at the rusty hulk and can envision it done and looking cool.

Bob40....thinking of tossing more money into a pit..lol

Reply to
Bob

mbstude

1971 Dodge Colt 4-door.... think Mitsubishi, before they got it right

dad bought used, Oct 1973. electrical problems galore... had to take the automatic floor shift apart once a week, and clean the contacts to get it to start. ran fine until 1975

sold it to a neighbor (mr. A) in 1976

Mr. A got all the electrical gremlins fixed on it, and I bought it when he threw a for sale sign on it in 1977.

it eventually was a third car, so another neighbor (Mr. F) bought it for his son my age.(1978)

told him the valve cover gasket leaked, and check the oil , it would need a quart every other tankfull....

yeah...... , ok, Mark

6 weeks later, David (mr. F's son) has the motor grenade. oil light comes on, and before he shuts it down, it coughs up a connecting rod.....

slap another engine in it, and he gives the car to another son, who drives the thing until 1982.

was a good car, once Mr. A got the electrical gremlins fixed in it.

Reply to
markansas859