Tool Storage Ideas

Hi all.. I have a 86 XT Coupe, and under the hood in the front there is a lot of open unused space. I am trying to think of a way to create a 'lockbox' i can store tools, jump cabls, (for my car oil), etc in there, so it isnt visible in my car - both taking room and begging to be stolen. Any ideas of a cheap and EASY way to accomplish this?? I think it would be pretty tight to have..

JB

Reply to
JonnieBlue

Be sure the container you use is heat resistant.

Reply to
No Way

I saw an episode of "Cops" once where a guy had all of his camping gear packed in under his hood. Propane tanks and all. His equipment caught fire while on the highway and the cops helped him out. Anyway, you just reminded me of that episode and I thought I would mention it because there are safety issues depending on what exactly you want to store in there.

--Dan

Reply to
dg