Torque for the brake caliper bolts

Hi,

what is the torque for the brake caliper bolts for both fron and rear in 2002 Outback?

Reply to
alf

FRONT:

4) Install the caliper body on support. Tightening torque: Non-turbo model: 26.5 N.m (2.70 kgf-m, 19.5 ft-lb) Turbo model: 37 N.m (3.8 kgf-m, 27.5 ft-lb)

REAR:

3) Install the caliper body on support. Tightening torque: 37 N-m (3.8 kgf-m, 27.5 ft-lb)

alf wrote:

Reply to
Dmitriy

thx for the answer but I just wonder why there such big difference?

Reply to
alf

I'm not sure... I know the WRX rotors are slightly larger, but I'm pretty sure that in the 02, the calipers were the same. I actually torque mine to about 30 ft-lb anyway... I can't say I'd recommend that though, broken bolts suck.

Reply to
Dmitriy

Reply to
Dmitriy

Being bigger brakes, the components have to be sturdier. This is how i understand it.

Good luck

Dmitriy wrote:

Reply to
AS

so how come torque for rear caliper is as tough as front one for turbo. the rear handles about 10% of braking power.

Reply to
alf