Tweeter Mount in 1998 Outback Impreza sport

HI-

I would like to add the tweeter kit to my 98 Outback Sport. On line subaru part sites (eg subaruparts.com) show the tweeter kit starting in 99 impreza, nothing in 98. Dealer also says not possible in 98, but there seems to be a grill for a tweeter near door handle (not the triangular section near the window like in other models). Has anyone definitively mounted a tweeter here in the 98 Sport?

Also - how different are the mounts in other Subarus same year? Would tweeter kit from a 98 Forrester fit here?

I've upgraded the front speakers to decent aftermarkets, but would like to add tweeters as well.

Thanks, Michael

If possible, please reply to snipped-for-privacy@mpi.com

Reply to
MIchael Jasper

I have a 98 GT with factory tweeters.Just took them out and put in some infinty Kappa components with new tweeters.Sounds great.If you what the factory tweeters you mite try a dealer that knows what he is doing.

Reply to
KNOX 2O3

If there is a "grille" in the door panel, you shouldn't have any problem putting a tweeter behind it. Best bet is to pull the door panel and have a look. Failing this, consider mounting them on the "A" pillars or dash. Get a good aftermarket tweet; the OEM hardware isn't worth the effort.

ByeBye! S.