Upgrading Subaru Speakers / Tweeters

Has anyone upgraded the speakers in their Subaru? I have a 2004 Forester and would like to add tweeters, but Subaru's own part is so overpriced. Has anyone added an OEM/aftermarket set of tweeters? What did you buy, and how/where did you install them?

Does anyone know if the "official" Subaru tweeter kits for any other year/model fits the 2004 Forester? I've seen a few for the 2001 Legacy being sold very cheaply by some dealerships online.

Reply to
TechMarcom

Dont bother with tweeters. Just go to

and order good replacement speakers. I purchased two sets of Pioneer speakers for about $60. They made a world of difference combined with replaced the crappy stock head unit with a Kenwoods am/fm cd mp3 player. For about $160 I am pleased with my stereo in my 04 OBW. Far cry from the stock crap.

Reply to
jabario

I have installed the OEM tweeters in my 2005 Forester. I rented a Forester before that had them and thought they sounded better than my new Forester without them. I am happy with the price for the improvement in the sound. I considered the speaker upgrade but after adding the tweeters, I am not as motivated to replace the speakers or add the subwoofer.

The OEM tweeters are $69 from

or $69.23 from

The wires are already there and the install is super easy.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

I upgraded using a Sony MP3 cd player, Kenwood amp, and two-way 6.5" component JBL speakers for the front. The upgrade in sound over the stock speaks was very noticeable. These JBLs fit in the stock XT speaker locations.

Reply to
HJ