Throttlebody, WRX

There's a throttlebody on ebay that looks interesting. The throttleshaft is trimmed and is claimed to be equivelent to adding 2mm to the diameter of throttlebody. Plus all the edges are trimmed and it's polished. I'm planning on doing several mods to the car(intake & exhaust). Do you think this can be a worthy mod?

Reply to
WRX Fast

There is someone who has been porting and polishing throttle bodies for people on

- you can probably find some first hand info on it there. In general, though, anything which increases flow and/or smoothes the flow path is good.

Reply to
David & Caroline

In general the more you do to your car the more of a benefit this would be. On a stock car you would see a little more hp at full throttle but the biggest gain would be in throttle response. If you start adding IC hoses, free breathing intakes, etc; you would notice even more of a change. I have a simular throttlebody on mine(heavy modded), it made a noticable difference!!

Reply to
Dan D