unsolicited E-Mail

Last week I posted a message that included a mention of an emission fault code. Since that time I've received 2 unsolicited e-mails from someone at AutoTap. The messages were specific to the post with the fault codes mentioned. I dumped both message without paying too much attention.

Since my email address isn't correct, this party had to go to some trouble to contact me.

I would recommend when looking for a OBDII reader, take this Co's approach into consideration before making a purchase.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

IMHO if you end up on a list, and receive email from these guys frequently, they made a mistake. But if the messages were a legitimate answer to a legitimate problem, and that's the end of it, where's the foul?

Maybe a better way (are you listening, AutoTap?) is to post to the group something along the lines of "Hey, we saw your message, and we sell readers. If you're interested check out our site. In the meantime, that code means the ashtray is full. To fix it, empty the ashtray and reboot." The line between annoying solicitations and helpful links is a fine one...

Mickey...is your domain name something other than 'websterdotcom'?

-John O

Reply to
John O

Their email specifically mentioned my statement in the other thread. Their comments focused on an comment I made and not the focus of my post. I've not contacted them or been to their web site that I know of.

I don't appreciate unsolicited email that is marketing focused and fact they had to go to some extent to find my real address. If their real intent was to "educate" why not post to the forum?

Neither the name or domain is accurate.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

Why don't you ask them? They already have your email address.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

That, alone, is a bit scary...that they would dig out your real email addy. I'm on your side at this point.

-John O

Reply to
John O