Used 2001 Forester, good buy question

I looked at a 2001 Forester yesterday. It has 93,000 miles on it. The only problem I could find was the center dash vents were kind of mashed/off track, and the HVAC would only blow on the floor. The business said they would fix this.

I drove it, and it seems a bit weak on the power side (I never drove Subaru before). Brakes are also a bit spongy, might need new rotors? I was surprised to see it didn't have 4 wheel disc brakes :( Its got a CD player but I didnt have a CD to test it. Its got some cup holders in the front that were obviously meant to hold japanese tea cups :P the user must have siplled his cofee regularly as they are dirty. They will be useless to hold my morning cup.

Engine sounds good, shifts well. Transmission fluid is 'brand new'. I could tell by looking at it and smelling it. 4x new tires.

It seems like a solid older car. A bit bland and featureless. In fact it seems less luxurious than my 95 Blazer... No power seat, no oil pressure gauge.

Anyway, do you think $7000 is a good price for such a car? Blue book seems to be slightly higher than $7000.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

I have the 2001 Forester S model which has the 4 wheel disc brakes. It is a good vehicle. $7000 is a good price considering the condition yours is in.

Reply to
etienne