New or used???

Guys .... I reallyyyyy need your help. I am unfortunately not knowledgeable of Subaru's, so your help is deeply needed. The more I read about the Subaru cars, the more confused I get on things such as.. which engines are known for problems etc..., so I thought I would turn to you guys to simplify things. :-) (Plus I am torn between buying new or used.)

I am trying to decide between an 04 H6 Outback Sedan or 04 LegacyGT Sedan in the "new" category. (I wish the 05's were out but do not have time to wait for the 05 LegacyGT Sedan to hit the market...so I thought of getting a used 01 Legacy sedan and trading it in on an 05 later maybe??

Any known issues to look up for in the 01 legacy gt sedans? Is 01 a year that the engines caused lots of leaks and other problems? Exactly what years are the years not to buy? Years safer to buy?

After having just won a lemon law buyback on my 03 Saturn L200, and being battle worn from the process, I am looking for a reliable, low maintenace, kind of sporty looking car and truly like the Subaru line...but wonder...new or used?

I am going to go look at 2 different 01 GT Limited Sedans this weekend. Both are one owners.

Info according to owners is-->>

(1) One has 25,000 miles on it...(mainly "short trip" driven.) (10 miles to work then back according to the owner) (Never involved in any of the recalls) Has 5 small door dings and a minor paint scrape on bottom of door...Price is $14,750.00 firm (Burgundy wine color)

(2) The 2nd one has 35,000 miles on it, and has highway and city mile driving on it. It has an open Recall #WWM961 "Rear suspension sub-frame corrosion" according to carfax. Couple small door dings. $13,500 firm. (Black in color)

Guys I know this has been alot to throw out at one time ...so I apologize for doing it this way but since returning my Saturn lemon, I am without a car and need to make a decision asap.

Any thoughts and suggestions on new or used Subaru's (or any cars you might suggest I consider) are greatly appreciated !!!!!

Reply to
PandoraSun