Used Subaru Prices

The other day I came across a '06 Forester that has 5000 miles on it; it's an estate sale vehicle and the executer wants Blue Book for it.

In the paper, I saw new '06s for sale by dealers who are dumping them for the new model year. For a new vehicle, they are asking less than the Blue Book for the used one.

I know it's a delicate issue, but the vehicle has not been moved for 4 months now. How can I convince the executer to sell it for a more reasonable price?

Al

Reply to
Al

Why not just buy the new one? Even if they reduce the used car to nearly the price of the new example, it would still have 5000 miles on it.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I agree. Blue book value is only useful for insurance purposes. It's a buyers market. Buy a new one. There is also the extra year's warranty you will get with the new one, not to mention more choices, options etc.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Calculate an offer, write it down with a date , give it to him and tell him he's too high and if he wants to sell it to you that he has your number, offer, and how long the offer stands.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

IMHO used Subarus (and other jap cars) are way, way overpriced. I suggest to get a new 06 or a used american car.

Reply to
Body Roll

I sorta agree, IF the goal is most 'bang for buck' a 3-4 year old 40-60K mile auto, COMMON model with 'decent' reputation, (Honda, Ford, etc. - not Jaguar or Kia) is likely to best value longterm. But, it isn't always what we want.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan