used car prices please?

Anyone know of any websites where I can get a (free if possible) guide to what our car is worth? Husband had an accident yesterday and we're waiting to see if Insurance co write it off - if so we'd like to know roughly what the value is likely to be

TIA

Lucy

Reply to
clett

Also sprach "clett" :-

I'd suggest rather than a book price you look on the web for similar cars and see how much they're going for in your area. Far more realistic.

Reply to
Guy King

Take the worst case scenario, i.e. the lowest figure. Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

searching on

for same make, model, age will give a good idea of current market value. search nationally to ignore any regional variation.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Don't forget to knock off a bit for what the real purchase price would be!

Reply to
Kav

R. Murphy

Parkers guide gives an idea, but if you search for your car on Trader on the net, you can see what private sellers and dealers are asking. Insurance companies will offer bottom book as a first offer. You have to negotiate the top value for the car's exceptional condition,fsh, low mileage, new tyres etc. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

That should have been Auto Trader DaveK

Reply to
davek

Insurance co will only offer the trade in price which can be half of hat you would pay from a dealer! Haggle as much as possible

good luck, Steve

Reply to
Stephen Tames