Want to improve your Forester auto climate contol??

For those of you who own an 03-05 Forester with auto climate control, you know how poor the system is...Whether it's long blasts of hot or cold air, the system just doesn't regulate the temperature well.

I have a solution to the problem which improves the comfort level of your cabin and makes the climate control useable.

The installation of the unit takes about 15 minutes and can be done with simply a screwdriver, ratchet and duct tape.

If you are interested in learning more about the fix, send me a note...The unit costs $70US including shipping.

Look forward to helping you make some "real use" out of your Forester's climate control :)

Reply to
Konyoman

cool.. be sure not to tell any details of how it works or what it does.... I'll take two.

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

If you will please re-read my posting, you will see that I encourage interested people to send me a note whereby I can explain the fix.

Essentially, the mechanism that Subaru uses to draw air into the temp sensor is not effective and my unit increases the airflow across the temp sensor, resulting in a much more responsive and useful reading. This enables the auto climate control to act more like it should...

Once again, for those people who don't read email thoroughly, I am happy to discuss further or send pics of the unit.

konyomanATsympatico.ca

Reply to
Konyoman

So essentially it's a fan that sucks/blows air across the sensor in the centre of the dash. Didn't this all come up about 3 years ago??

Reply to
Bugalugs

Yes, you are correct... I am not suggesting that it is the hubble telescope but it works and makes an otherwise useless climate control system effective.

Any other newsgroups "police" care to chime in?

Reply to
Konyoman

I'm interested -- please post the "how to"...

/]>For those of you who own an 03-05 Forester with auto climate control, you

Reply to
Josh Assing

send $70 US and get the parts and instructions

;-)

Seriously, the guy figures out an answer to a known problem and is trying to get paid for it. Now you want him to give it away?

Reply to
nothermark

Similar to the jerk trying to market the "o2 sensor CEL fix" a few years back...two $1 spark plug non-foulers, stacked---for $20...after the idea had already been posted freely on the net, and wasn't even his brainchild.

Fortunately, there seems to be a lot more common sense prevailing these days!

Reply to
CompUser

Here is the link to the fix that was posted here long ago.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Thanks to all for replying to my post... I am simply offering a solution for those people who don't have the time/skill to build the solution themselves.

Are you offended by fast food outlets who offer you a convenient solution to your mealtime dilemma? Yes, you COULD make a meal at home but they are offering an alternative for people who don't want to.... I am simply doing the same.

Reply to
Konyoman

LOL!

OUCH!

That's a side splitter!!! stop -- you're killing me!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Are you sure you're not a professional commedian?

Reply to
Josh Assing