water sloshing 96 OB wagon

After a heavy rain, I'll hear sloshing for about a day or two. Sounds like it's in the rocker panel. Can't find any drain holes to unclog. Has anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
Zelnak

There are drain holes. I helped a friend clean out his 99 Legacy.

Reply to
Greg

The drain holes are obvious on my '02 ForesterS, so they must be of a different design for a '96 OBW.

My neighbor had sloshing in her late model Toyota Avalon after a heavy rain. I discovered the rubber moulding was installed too far down the door frame and completely covered the drain hole. I cut 1" off. Fixed.

The same rear door window glass seal was 1/2" short of reaching the end for proper sealing, which was allowing water to get in. No fix.

BoB For the duration of Swen, my address is inoperative.

Reply to
BoB

I have the same problem only it drains into the foot are on the drivers side.

I've found the culprit to be the drain hole BEHIND the mud flap (front whell well). If you take the mud flap off you'll probably find mud packed in there. It prevents the water from draining out. And the water is what is coming from the roof and draining down into the door panels and eventually out the drain hole in the rocker panel.

Phil

Zelnak wrote:

Reply to
Phil Fimiani