'94 VW Golf III water drips under dashboard

i have 94 vw golf iii and i'm quite new to vw. i bought this several months ago and today, with 86degree and quite wet, i found water drips under the passenger side dash board. when i make a stiff turn i also can here water flowing sound in the dash board. why is that? is that the accumulated water because of a/c in wet day? fyi, no rain today. and i touched the water and smell it. it's no color, no smell. so i think it's quite pure water.

the other matter, my car doesn't have globe box on the passenser side dash board. it's blocked and under the dash board is covered with black soft (feels like kind of sponge) material. is that normal for golf iii? or possibly somebody had owned this car done something on that?

i appreciate any information. thanx

Reply to
Yeonsang

VW Golf III doesn't have glove box. About the water - in the 5 years of ownership never have had this problem. We were very happy with this car and sold it about three years ago. If I remember correctly, when you lift the hood, in the back compartment there should be couple of drain holes in the chassis. If they are plugged with dirt or leaves rain water may collect somewhere around. Are you sure it is the water sloshing around when you turn? Quite unusual, I think.

D.

Reply to
DCM

Don't be so quick to make a blanket statement like that. The third generation Golf did not have a glovebox...until 1996.5 .

Reply to
Peter Cressman

My 94 Golf III has a glove box.

Reply to
Kelvin

Yep. The early A3s had one. IIRC, sometime in 94/95 VW added a passenger side air bomb. That took over the glove box position until you've noted.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

Yes, it's quite strange....the sloshing sound is quite faint, but still I can hear when I make a stiff turn. And water still drips this morning. I also checked under the hood but I can't find any holes related this problem...

Reply to
Yeonsang

Yeonsang schrieb:

How about a blocked water drain at the a/c?

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

where is the drain located?

thanx in advance Yeonsang

Reply to
Yeonsang

I've never been in an A3, so it's a guess, but what about the AC drain? There's a drain under the dash on the passenger side of my A2 that goes out through the firewall. It got disconnected once and the condensation dripped all over the floor...

Maybe check that out?

Craig

Craig Faison

thanx.

I checked the possible drain, if i'm right, and reached to the connection tube at the wall under the dash, then I felt the rubber connection. So, I squeeze it several times, then...gee.... water came out from the connection. I also saw that water drips from the bottom of my car.

Here i want to make sure one thing. Is the water drains through the drain tube now? or just flow throught the floor and drains through the other possible hole on the floor?

Reply to
Yeonsang

I'm having the same trouble with my 96 Golf. It appears to be draining water from a drain tube, so I'm at a loss to next steps.

Reply to
Scott