What about the Outback H6 engines?

I seem to recall some (initial?) issues with reliability of these. Anyone have a summary?

Also, did the H6 Outback's have the same transmission and diff ratios as the

4 cyl models?

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

My '03 LLBean outback has the plain vanilla 4spd auto, not sure if the gear ratios are the same as the H4s.

Some H6 outbacks with the VDC have a different trans, I think.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

My 2006 Outback 3.0 has a 5 speed automatic with a sequential manual gearshift. No complaints at all about the transmission or gear ratios. Of course, it's got a limited slip rear differential; wouldn't have it any other way. I'm the Timothy Leary of differentials (LSD is groovy). In general, I don't like automatics, but this one grows on you. Holds gears well, and always starts in 1st from a full stop. Don't have the VDC. Before 2006 they were packaged together, but became an option (along with the nav system) on the LL Bean six pack that year. For some reason this particular car came with homelink and a chrome grab handle on the hatch, neither of which was in the catalog for that model, only available with the VDC upgrade package. Have about 30k miles on it and no problems so far except having both headlights burn out, about 6 months apart. Replaced under warranty, as were front brake pads. Not sure, but I think the non- turbo 2.5 only got a 4 speed automatic.

Reply to
suburboturbo