which quiet tires?

Forrester 2006

My mechanic says these are the two quietest P225/50 R16 tires

Which one of these would be a quieter tire? Do you guys have a preference?

Many thanks,

-T

Typically any tire with a lower speed rating will be quieter. Higher speed rated tires are usually softer treads and stick to the ground more, and they have harder side walls. This usually means that they are bit less flexible in side wall, making them more harsh on bumps, while being more soft on the treads, making them more noisy on the asphalt. In this case, I think both of these tires are rated H, so equal to each other.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Thank you!

I am going deaf from all the road noise. Litterally

I have an appointment with my mechanic to change my ties and my wheel bearings