WTD: Single Michelin XW4 P205/70R15

Lucky me! Had a blow out the other day. Anyone have a spare XW4 in the garage? I have three tires with less than 5k on them and I'd rather not pay full price for a replacement.

What do you do when faced this this dilemma?

Reply to
Debbie Mullins

In the past, there were shops that could 'shave' tires. I think it was usually done for tire that were out - of - round, but , in this case, they could perhaps measure your 3 tires' cicumferences and shave the new one to the average of those 3.

Carl

Debbie Mull> Lucky me! Had a blow out the other day. Anyone have a spare XW4 in the

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

If it were me, I'd replace the blown tire and be done with it.

I had the same thing happen with 20k miles on the tires and I just changed the blown tire. The car now has 108k miles on it with no problems.

When the original 3 wore out, I had all 4 changed and I saved the one that replaced the blown tire.

But it's your car and your decision.

Reply to
Jim Stewart