Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Odd: Condensation/icing inside windows
I have a '97 Legacy Wagon and live near Chicago. In winter if temps are below about 10-15 degrees and it is sunny, when I park my car in the sun, the windows (inside) away from the sun ice up. I...
13
13

2001 Forester Transmission Fluid Changes
What mileage interval do you recommend for changing the auto. trans. fluid? And when for the rear transaxle? How easy/hard is it to change them? Thanks in advance, Wade

2001 Forrester Oil Change / Tune Up etc.
Sorry for these simple newbie questions, I am helping out my friend. She says jiffy lube folks don't like to work on her Subie because it is a hassle, maybe because of the oil filter placement?...
10
10

Key Fob Problem
I have a 2006 Forester. Recently I noticed that I was having a problem with the alarm key fob. The battery seemed like it was dying and would open but often not lock the car. I took out the battery...
5
5

Any changes between 2006 & 2007 Legacy
I have a opportunity to purchase a 2006 Legacy service manual on CD from a friend. I have a 2007 Legacy wagon (Base 2.5i Canada Model), are there any changes from the 2006 to 2007 model? thanks sherm

'98 2.5 Turbo Legacy Outback Wagon Overheating Problem
I have an overheating problem with my Outback. I replaced the thermostat and it still overheats. It has about 180k miles on it. Within the last six months I have replaced the Cat, O-2 sensor, clutch,...
2
2

95 Legacy Door Weatherstripping
Anyone know of an inexpensive way to replace this? Mine is all falling of the driver's side and the official part is $108! TIA and Happy Holidays! Edwin
4
4

Shifter Won't Go into 1st or 2nd....
Patient is my son's '99 Impreza 2.5RS coupe, with 5-speed manual trans. Won't shift into first (at all) or second (all the way), either with engine running or engine off. Shifts into all other gears,...
12
12

2001 Forrester Fuel Hose leak
2001 Forrester 115K miles Can someone please help .... my friend has a gas leak in the little black hose near the fuel filter. The hose is about 3 inches long it is secured on either side to a metal...
10
10

Is ethanol a good thing or bad?
The gas station I use says the gas contains up to 10% ethanol. Is ethanol good or bad for the car, in general? If it's good, why only 10%? If it's bad, why put it in the gas at all? How about for a...
16
16

O2 replaced, CEL gone
Well, after about 18months of ignoring my CEL (i knew it was an O2 sensor), I finally got the front O2 sensor replaced. I did it because my emissions test was due, and I figured it wouldn't pass...

Update on random check engine light (code: P0325)
Posted back in September? how the check engine light would randomly go on and off and it continued doing it until about 3 weeks back where it hasn't come back on. Today, I decided to finally take it...
13
13

18 or 22 inch wiper blades????
Hi All, I went to look up some replacement winter wiper blades for my 2006 Forrester. I got: gives me a part number for a 22 inch blade and a part number for an 18 inch blade. Okay, I am confused....
3
3

OB hatch latch revisited
A month ago I proudly posted a solution to the Outback problem of not being able to open the hatch door. I bought a rnew hatch/lock assembly and install it myself. Problem solved? No. The hatch freeze...
5
5

Removing decals
I'm prepping my '96 outback for a new paint job and want to get rid of the chipped decal they use on the lower 'cladded' third of the car. So far I'm using a window paint scraper with a razor blade,...
10
10