AT Oil Temp light flashes 16 times upon start-up

Had a tune up last week for my 1998 Outback Impreza. Now, AT Oil Temp light flashes 16 times after the initial light test upon start-up. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
changey

You have a trouble code stored in the TCU. Have it scanned to see what it is

Reply to
Trlather

I have a factory manual and there is no #16 for your 98 Subaru. Recount the flashes and pauses I.e. 3 short followed by an pause then

4 more flashes would be #34.
Reply to
Edward Hayes

You are confusing the CEL with the ATF temp light. 16 flashes (ATF temp light) does indicate a transmission malfunction.

Reply to
johninKY

Had a tune up last week for my 1998 Outback Impreza. Now, AT Oil Temp

Hello, did you ever get to the bottom of this as we have the same problem after having a second hand motor installed.

Reply to
4plus2