1976 Datson 280 Z

I have a 1976 Datson 280 Z with a brake problem. The brakes squeak really bad. I have replaced the front rotors (the squeak comes from the front) and put new pads on the front. I have even put that anti squeak stuff on the pads and it still squeaks. I have had this problem for several years and take it in to several mechanics and nobody can seem to fix it. If any body has any information on this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick Sylvester

Next time you do a brake job, wash your hands before installing the new pads.

Reply to
TCS

|On 22 Aug 2003 11:43:27 -0700, Nick Sylvester wrote: |> I have a 1976 Datson 280 Z with a brake problem. The brakes squeak |> really bad. I have replaced the front rotors (the squeak comes from |> the front) and put new pads on the front. I have even put that anti |> squeak stuff on the pads and it still squeaks. I have had this |> problem for several years and take it in to several mechanics and |> nobody can seem to fix it. If any body has any information on this |> problem, it would be greatly appreciated. | |Next time you do a brake job, wash your hands before installing the |new pads.

I used to shoot some WD40 through the wheel spokes onto the rotors of my old Fiat 124 every few days. Stops the squeaks, doesn't change the braking. Worked fine for years.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Approximately 8/22/03 11:43, Nick Sylvester uttered for posterity:

You can replace the rotors with crossdrilled, that usually fixes it.

An old trick is to just drill a pattern of small holes in the pads themselves. Never tried it on a Z, but it worked on a Datsun 2000. PITA without a drill press... drilled rotors are probably cheaper in the long run.

Reply to
Lon Stowell