1984 Laser: Manual Transmission Shifting Problems Cold

I have a 1984 Chrysler Laser with manual transmission. I have shifting problems when it is cold (significantly below freezing) but not normally.

The shift lever will go forward and back but not left to right (in the location it normally moves left and right).

Do I have ice somewhere???? Where? What is the explanation? Solution?

Thank you.

Reply to
Jonathan Grobe