4WD option

Hi all,

This morning, I tried shifting the transfer shift lever of my Nissan Mistral to 4H to use the 4WD drive option.

Now, everytime the steering wheel is in full-left or full right, and move forward, I cold hear some metal-to-metal knocking on the front wheel.

Anybody who has experienced this one. Can you please share your solution.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
gansen

Also, I observed that during reversing on full left or right, movement of car is not smooth, it is like a train(tsug tsug tsug!)

regards

Reply to
gansen

Sounds like one of the CV joints is going or gone.

Reply to
Chuck.K

If it ain't a full-time 4wd transfer case, it will act as you describe and will ultimately damage your driveline unless you are on slippery surfaces.

Reply to
Rob Munach

Hi Rob,

So you mean that I could only use the 4H and 4L, in off roads and slippery surfaces and not on hard pave roads? Is this correct?

Thanks

Reply to
gansen

That is correct. Read your owners manual - if you have one.

Reply to
Rob Munach

This is normal. It means the situation doesn't warrant 4WD, i.e. if you're driving on ashphalt. Only use 4WD if you're on more slippery surfaces, otherwise leave it in 2WD. If you leave it like this you'll damage the driveline.

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
Geoff Glave