1987 Mazda truck problems

Hi, I have a 1987 mazda b 2200 truck 2.0 litre 5 speed sometimes when I start it t will idle for a second then shut of do this 4 or 5 times then crank over starts and runs.That problem just started prior to that sometimes I would be driving down the highway and truck would go dead pull it over and try to fire it up and it starts back up.Any ideas what would be causing this?Problems are probably related.Thanks in advance

Reply to
Fred7038

check for a fuel filter clogged with rust. Also check for plugged up EGR systems.

Check all vacuum hoses for cracks and replace as necessary.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz