1991 Dynasty Automatic Transmission Problem?

1/20/04 I'm hoping someone has had the same problem I'm having with a 1991 Dodge Dynasty automatic transmission.

I can't move the transmission from park. It is locked up!

The same thing occurred approximatley 35,000 miles ago.

We were on vacation and I was checking the transmission fluid before settling in at the hotel that evening. I asked my wife while the car was running to move it through each gear while holding the break and then put it in neutral while I checked the transmission fluid. She said she couldn't move it from "L" (low gear). I got in and put some pressure on it and felt it move, but all I accomplished was bent the transmission linkage between the steering column and the yoke on the transmission.

We had the Dynasty pulled to a Chrsyler Dealership to have it fixed. The linkage alone cost approximatley $100.00. In process of having the car towed and the linkage changed everything was okay, but they didn't do anything to free up the transmission. It was okay!

Now, 35,000 miles later the same thing has happened again!

I'm sure someone out there has had the same problem!

Help!

Thanks, in advance!

PEB

Reply to