1994 Aerostar

I spent a cold winter driving to work. I get a small amount of air and heat that keeps the windshield from frosting. But, I have a blanket over me and gloves on and still freeze. I replaced the heatercore, heater hose, radiator x2, thermostat! What is left? (I know a new vehicle!) Thank you.

Reply to
soccermomsoccer

Could be the heater control valve (controls the amount of water coming to heater core ) and or the blend door not opening or closing fully.

HTH, Rick

Reply to
thetoolman

you should also be certain that your cooling system has been properly bled. trapped air can cause a "lock-up" condition to occur in the heater core. this can easily be fixed by loosening one of the heater hoses connecting to the heater core just enough to let it leak a little. this should be performed by an experienced tech. to avoid possible injury from hot coolant temps. and pressure.

Reply to
plainoldmechanic