1997 Jimmy not starting after it rains

Hi, I have a 1997 jimmy that I got from my Dad after he passed away earlier this year. We are having problems with it starting after it rains!!!! What is the deal? Any help w/ this would be awsome!! Thanks=)

Reply to
puffball99

usshopkins

Ok.... heres what to do.... when you know it starts (on a sunny day), take a spray bottle of water and while it is running, spray the water over the wires one at a time.... make sure you get both ends. What you will listen for is the engine to start bogging or shut off. ONce that happens, you have found the source of your trouble and you can replace parts from there. 90% of the time, the problem will be a distributor cap or one of the wires leading into the cap is allowing condensation inside causing the problem you are having. Its an easy fix and not all that expensive. Let us know how you make out...

Fwed

Reply to
fweddybear

Reply to