1997 UK Frod Mondeo radio dead after battery change how do I put in the code?

After changing the battery on my 1997 (n) 1.8 Mondeo diesel, I find the radio / cassette does not come on. In fact I did connect a battery charger to the battery leads so that this did not happen, but one lead came off when I was disconnecting it.

I have the code for the radio but there seems to be no power to the radio. although the 7.5 amp fuse is OK. It is not asking for the code to be put in.

There is another issue too, the buttons on the radio are numbered from 1 to 6 but the code contains a 9 so how would I put this in.

Has anyone had to do this recently and can answer the queries? I would be very glad to get the radio back.

Thanks George.

Reply to
georgewbell

Hope this helps:

Or:

I owned a 1996 Contour(American Mondeo) and these cars are electrical NIGHTMARES. From '01 on I had check engine lights and stalling issues even the FORD DEALER I BOUGHT IT FROM couldn't fathom.

Reply to
thekmanrocks