1998 and forward Buick caliper slides

Does anyone know exactly what Allen wrench fits the slide pins for

1998 and up Buicks?

I thought it was a 45 Torx, but, alas, not so.

It is a larger Allen wrench.

I went to change the front struts and found the brakes condom thin.

At least, I don't have to look for something to do tomorrow.

Reply to
<HLS

Shep

Yep, the caliper support bolts. I bought a 45 Torx because one of my previous GMs used it. It was totally wrong. ( I had hoped to cross it out at the parts house with new bolts.)

The parts house says GM used several different types.

When I washed out the recesses, it looks more like an Allen than a Torx. It darn sure wasn't a 45.

Thanks, Shep

Reply to
<HLS

After washing out the bolt holes, and checking everything with great precision, I find that this particular GM requires an ALLEN wrench,

3/8 inch.

Often Torx is used, but not in this particular case.

Thanks again.

Reply to
<HLS