1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager Bucking with Speedometer going haywire

Hello,

I have a 1998 plymouth grand voyager with the 3.3 liter 4 speed automatic transmission with about 100,000 miles on it.

At about 95,000 miles we had a rebuilt transmission installed that carrys a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. Ever since we have had the rebuit transmission it seems that the shifting is a little more pronounced (e.g., upshifting and downshifting at different speeds).

In any event, today my wife told me that the Van bucked a little as she was pulling into a parking spot and the speedometer went up to 50 miles per hour and back down again. (Sort of haywire) She said that the bucking occurred a couple other times while driving and each time the speedometer meter went haywire.

I test drove the van when I got home but could not replicate the problem my wife described.

I plan to take the van back to the transmission place to have them look it over but was wondering if anyone knew what this recent problem could be.

Thanks In Advance

Reply to
Curtis

You need to replace the speed sensor. My was worse when hot. Symptoms just like yours.

Curtis wrote:

Reply to
Paul Layman

Take it back to the place that put the new one in and they'll fix it under warranty. It sounds like a bad output speed sensor.

Reply to
David Allen