1999 wrangler break down

Driving today in 1999 jeep wrangler 2.5 litre with about 3,000 miles on a new engine and it just shut off. It didnt sputter or anything and just went to 0 RPM. It will not start back up and i'm just wondering what are some ideas I should look into before calling a tow truck and opening my wallet.

Thanks for any help, Scott

Reply to
Terminator13

Is there spark?

Is there gas?

Does the rotor turn?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Gas? The gauges are notoriously bad.

Mike

Mike Romain

I am suspecting it may be the fuel pump because I do not hear the pump when I turn the key forward.

Reply to
Terminator13

That's part of number two on the list: gas. If there is gas, spark, timing and exhaust the engine will run.

Check the pressure at the fuel rail and the voltage on the pump input. If you have no fuel pressure and you have voltage at the pump (with a light bulb or analogue meter, not with a DMM), change the pump.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey