2002 ford escort flasher and circuit breakers question

Hey guys, why in the world does a 2002 Ford Escort have the circuit breakers way underneath the dashboard? At first, I couldnt seem to find it and scoured the internet for its location. Then physically found them facing upward way underneath the dashboard. Its almost impossible to view/replace them without unbolting the whole box thing and bringing them down. One would think they would engineer it so one could acutally reach them/replace them easily. Any one know why this is? (just curious)

Edwin

Reply to
Edwin T

any way to turn the fusebox 180 degrees?

Reply to
m6onz5a

It is placed that way because "those parts never fail" Sort of like the way GM tucks the battery in the rear wheel well on some cars and the second battery on the G series vans actually hangs off a frame rail!

There are a LOT of items that are not even close to mechanic friendly. I would LOVE to grab some of these designers and tell them to swap out some of those parts. You only need to have hands like a chipmunk sized octopus to deal with them....

Reply to
Steve W.

Yeah its only held in place by what looks like 2 bolts. Can simply unbolt them and bring it down to view or replace them. The only reason is that my hazard lights wont come on. So usually the first thing to do is to test the switch or breaker. But seeing it took me awhile to find it, was shocked to see it in such a far away hidden place (no way to access unless the whole dashboard panel was removed or the box unbolted)Im willing to bet that the box itself probably isnt labeled, and have to follow an electrical schematic from AllData.

Reply to
Edwin T