2003 F150 Spare Tire hole clogged

I've got a 2003 F150 with the spare tire system that requires a key into a hole that you turn and lower the tire. I had a flat and it looks like there's tons of dirt in the hole and I can't get the tire down. Anyone had this problem? What's the easy fix?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Michael Wilson

A garden hose to wash out the dirt??

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

a hole that you turn and lower the tire. I had a flat and it looks like th ere's tons of dirt in the hole and I can't get the tire down. Anyone had th is problem? What's the easy fix?

It's below freezing in Wisconsin so I didn't try that. I bought a small Dre mel brush, connected it to a wood dowel, then to a drill, and then cleaned it out. I think I got a good connection but it would not turn. I think it's rusted. I may have to cut the spare off with a torch or something. Anyone else had this issue?

Reply to
Michael Wilson

Identify the moving parts and apply generous amounts of a spray on penetrator, let sit, then try.

Reply to
Electric Comet