2004 Accord A/C blower stopped working

Last week I started my car and there's nothing coming out of the vents when I turn the A/C on. 30 minutes prior it was blowing cold air just fine! I checked the fuses, but it doesn't look like anything's blown.

Should the first thing I check be the blower motor? Any other suggestions?

Thanks! Dave

Reply to
Dave

Blower motor resistor pack.

Reply to
Mark Olson

It's probably your blower resistor, but your motor could have gone bad too. Try to jump 12v to the blower motor if you can and see if it works.

don't just check your fuses under the dash.. you probably also have some under the hood.. Could be a relay as well.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Jump the battery directly to the blower motor. Make sure the motor is grounded, too.

I don't know about Honda, but on most other cars the blower motor will run on high if the resistor pack is blown out. High goes directly through the high speed relay.

Reply to
Paul

Dave wrote in news:ff49d4b1-b328-497a-87b1- snipped-for-privacy@s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

First thing would be to see if air blows with the A/C OFF. Does the fan work on ANY blower-speed setting?

Reply to
Tegger