2005 Envoy Transmission Failure

I have a pampered 2005 GMC Envoy. 6 cylinder

Have maybe pulled my motorcycle with it a few times and it is less than 1000 lbs, rolling weight. Otherwise I put 58K miles on it, when the transmission failed without warning. Check engine light came on the night before while my wife had it on vacation over 100 miles from home.

Had it towed home at my expense and got the GMC dealer to tell me it was a failed tranny. No offer or suggestion to call GM customer service. I needed to get it fixed so I had it fixed. $2800 for a rebuilt.

A week later I call GM Customer Service and ask what they can do for me.. and the answer is "nothing, we have a policy that if you paid for it, that's it".

So.. I guess this is GM paying the little guy back for buying American.

Next time, I'll buy a Honda. ...or anything else besides GM.

Reply to
Steve L

GM pays you back in sex for the trust you put in them.. They put it right back in you.

Reply to
hls

"Steve L" wrote in news:i4sfad$anh$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Did you actually talk to the dealer about the transmission being replaced by them?

Reply to
chuckcar

Pester them. They'll cover at least part of it. Just tell them you'll be looking Japanese for your next vehicle if this matter is not settled to your satisfaction.

We all know they can't afford to lose any MORE customers.

Didn't it have a 5 year, 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, or am I thinking of Chrysler?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

That's his job.. to say no.

Call the service department where you took it.

Ask them for the area warantee claims representative's phone number. They are required to give you the number. The area rep has the ability to refund.. not the "no" guys HTH Ben

Reply to
ben91932

----- Original Message ----- From: "chuckcar" Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:11 PM Subject: Re: 2005 Envoy Transmission Failure

Yes I did. They made it their business to be clear that it was out of warranty and $2800.

This is where I bought the car.

Later, I was told by GM Customer Service (I know it's an oxymoron) that it is their "policy" that the dealer not suggest anything else. Like calling customer service.

Their other "policy" is not to return any money already paid out.

They made a half hearted offer to give me a 1 year extended warranty on the vehicle. Geezum I just paid $2800 dollars to get a rebuild that they claim I have a 100K mile warranty on but have nothing in writing.

Reply to
Steve L

3 year 36K mile warranty.
Reply to
Steve L

I know you probably didnt have a choice in the matter, but I would never pull my car into a GM dealership unless I had not choice at all.

I have had a lot of bad luck with GM dealerships, including poor workmanship, high prices, and lack of attention to the customer.

If you are in warranty, fine. But if you arent, find yourself a really good and dependable independent mechanic.

Reply to
hls

Unless you had extended warranty options, you were well out of the

3/36K. I am not surprised the dealer did not offer a discount. Next time, maybe you will buy the extended warranty.

If you were towing, i hope you had a HD tranny cooler from the factory or an aftermarket unit. It does not take much high temp abuse to slow cook it to death. If your total bill was $2800 from the dealer, that's not outrages.

bob

Reply to
bob u

"Steve L" wrote in news:i5a0hs$sb2$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

So are you saying you only went to the dealer *after* you had it fixed?

Reply to
chuckcar

So why is it that the rebuilt unit they are putting in is gets you a 100K mile warranty?

Reply to
Steve L

I had it towed to the dealer and had the dealer fix it.

Reply to
Steve L