2006 Jeep Commander Outside ambient temperature incorrect

I am make this post because I finally figured out what corrects my

2006 commander's temperature reading in the instrument cluster. The reading would be correct after it had sat idle all night and would set correct when first started. But would not adjust itself as the temperature changed during the day.

By accident I discovered that if I allowed the PERFORM SERVICE indicator to be set and stay on the temperature would adjust accurately.

Let me know if you find this to be true with your jeep.

Reply to
challen