'86 NIssan Maxima computer

I know someone who said she has a computer problem, and her dealer quoted "thousands of dollars" to fix it. Since she looks like a classic "little old lady" I find myself wondering if we might do better by her. I had a problem a few years ago that looked like a bad computer problem, but was just a weak battery during cold weather.

So, I want to charge a battery and go check her car out with it. Seem reasonable?

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002

Yes, and find info on the car and computer.

I don't know what year they started real computers.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I'd measure the battery voltage before charging it. And then I'd look at the computer with a scanner and see what it's doing.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

knowing that open circuit voltage testing alone is certainly not any type of reliable indicator as to a battery's condition.

Reply to
Heron

while you're technically correct about battery condition, did he /say/ "open circuit"? or are you just presuming another opportunity to be a jerk because you can't be bothered to look into whether that poster knows what they're talking about?

Reply to
jim beam