'89 Eagle, hood won't open

Well, the interior hood release lever [or the cable attached to it] went west. Thus, the hood won't open. If I can get the primary latch to open, I can get to the safety catch through the grille. No, sigh, I can't remove grille, stupid screws concealed by the hood, sheesh. And, there is no visible cable around the interior lever release that I can get hold of, 2x sheesh. It is a floor mount release lever.

'89 Eagle Premier ES.

I can get to the safety catch, but have no idea on how to find or grab the cable that releases the primary latch, or how to trigger the primary latch open at the hood.

Any ideas? Outside of a crowbar, that is, LOL.

Reply to
Knifeblade_03

View this thread:

Don't know anything about that particular model, but I'd try to determine where the cable broke and if you can access the cable past the broken part.

The next thought would be a sawzall to cut the hood latch hoop if you can get to it since that should leave a fairly simple repair.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

"Use" someone with sharp eyes, long keen arms, and a knack for mechanics to lie on the ground & look up thru openings--I've yet to try one that I needed to open that cannot be opened from outside. I WILL agree, tho', there are MANY, MANY makes/models I've not tried--but because I had no need to access them. May require a semi-rigid length of wire with a loop in the working end. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

A friend of mine has another 89 eagle problem. The horn won't work, and some garage told her it would cost some fantastic amount of money to fix. She wants to abandon it.

I don't suppose there is an online shop manual anyone knows about? Or better yet, a teenager near Pittsburgh who will buy it cheap and fix it themselves.

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002