89 Electra Coil Spring replace and Air lift

89 Buick Electra Park Avenue again.

This car had the air system struts removed long ago and now the back is sagging and struts/mounts are shot and car drags easily on back roads.

Called Gabriel and they said to use strut set G56726 to make up for the air strut height change (which the previous owners did not account for).

I was wondering if changing the coils on this car (struts are not inside them) involves removing brake lines. Seems like a sleeping dog there. So, I looked at the Auto Zone site and see they have a set of air lift coil inserts for this car available. I do not know anything about them and am wondering how they are installed and how dependable they are just for backing up sagging tired coils. Reviews all say they installed in minutes but I see nowhere how it is done. This is not for hauling purposes, just for extending the life of a country roads beater another year or two.

This is for use on backroads PA in all sorts of mud and salt that we don't want to subject a newer car to. Beat the *old* mule first, as they say around here. It does occasionally go out on the highway but not much.

When I look at that part # on Amazon, it says not compatible and suggests AIR LIFT 60798 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit instead but at twice the price.

Thanks

Reply to
rdoc

Try Rockauto.com, you'd be hard pressed to find a better price on new auto parts, and delivered to your door no less.

Reply to
.