89 explorer,Bad fuel pump?relay?how tough to replace?

what should I check for this problem?is the pump easy to replace?should I also replace the fuel line connection plate be also be replaced.How to check the relay. thanks guys steve

Reply to
pinfun

do you know if it needs a fuel pump? you have to take out the whole fuel tank. If not, what is wrong with it? In my explorer, when I turn the ignition on, the fuel pump runs for a few seconds. Does it in your car? if not, do you hear the relay switch on and off? have someone turn it on for you (without starting car). I am not sure where the relay is, though.

Reply to
Cam