89 toyota 22re

My truck died on me and i am not sure y. When i drove it or when it was just running i could get it over 2000 rpm without it surging. And it would like shut off when i was driving for a brief moment. What would the possilbe reasons for this?

Reply to
columbiancowboy

O meu filho...there can be so many reasons for this.

Electrical, fuel supply, control systems, catalytic converter, ad nauseum.

I suspect fuel supply or induction.

You will have to troubleshoot all systems to find out what is happening.

Simplest things.. have you a fuel filter, and have you changed it lately....?? Might you have water in your fuel?? Might your future be on strike?

Man, there are so many possibilities, it is hard to think of them all.

Reply to
HLS

To run, your engine needs

FUEL AIR SPARK TIMING

Check all four of these. If you pull a plug, does the plug spark when the engine is cranked? Does the exhaust smell like unburned fuel, meaning there is fuel in the cylinder? Does the rotor turn? Do the timing marks line up? If you stick your nose in the carb do you smell fuel?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey