91 Toyota Camry: Need fittings to test injector flow

I would like to test the flow volume of my injectors in my 91 Camry LE. The shop manual describes a procedure for doing this ... but inorder to carry it out I have a number of connectors and hoses to attach from the fuel filter to each injector. The manual designates the group of connectors and hoses as a special service tool (SST

09268-41045). I called a Toyota Dealer who referred me to an organization that supplies Toyota tools. They did not have this group of service tools.

The fittings and hoses do not look like anything special in the manual. They appear to be fittings and hoses that I could find at my local repair house. I would appreciate any information on this topic that you can offer.

Thanks, Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo

Here's an unconventional way that works for me. Remove the injectors and rails, install new O-rings. Tie the injectors to the rail, if you have a rail. Remove the rails and the injectors as a whole. Fire the starter. For volume test connect negative power to one side of the injector, the other side of the injector to the injector resistors. To stop a fire, I have better luck with water soaked rags and baking sodas.

Good luck finding the contraptions. I'd built/designed my own to hold pressure up to 100 psi.

Reply to
Indian Summer