91 Camry LE: What is causing my low engine rpm's?

I have a 91 Camry LE and I have been gong through various diagnostic procedures to determine why my car failed the HC emissions. As part of the diagnosis, I measure engine rpm's and found that I was getting a reading of 600 rpm's. My shop manual says I should be reading about 800 rpm's at idle. What would cause this? Could any cause have relation to my poor emissions showing?

Thanks, Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo

vacuum leak maybe?