92 Passat chugging/stalling

I've got a 1992 Volkswagen Passat that will sometimes chug while in any of the drive gears unless you're going over a certain speed. It makes a thrumming sound and you can feel it chug, sometimes enough to make it stall. It does not do this in neutral for some reason.

I've checked for air leaks/problems in the fuel system and there doesn't seem to be any.

Any ideas?

Anna

ps...anyone know where to get interior trim parts for a 92 Passat? This one is missing a few things like window/door handle trim.

Reply to
callmehero