93 Lesabre Security Light Stays on

Anyone have a clue as to why the dash light "Security" Stays on all the time now?

Reply to
Finite Guy

Something wrong with the PASSkey anti-theft system. I believe if the system stops working while the engine is running, the car will continue to be startable in a fail-safe mode, but quite likely after the battery is disconnected or something, it won't anymore.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

I don't quite understand that. I do know that the batery cable was loose a few days ago and the car wouldn't start and the alarm was making a faint sound. I found coorosion under the positve battery cable and I cleaned it up good. I then re bolted the cable and the car runs fine, except for that stupid cable. Is there a seperate cable running form the battery to the anti-theft system? Robert

Reply to
Finite Guy