94 Ranger Error Codes

Hello, The 4 liter V-6 boggs when you quickly press the accelerator. I would look to the accel. pump on a carburated engine but this is EEc-IV fuel injected. I ran an error code check . key on-engine off: the only code was 998which is "Hard fault present" so I went to engine running test the code was 538 which is "Invalid cylinder balance Test due to CID circuit Failure" Went to page 6-15 in Haynes Ranger Manual where it talks about the camshaft Position sensor which has a good write up. Went out to truck and can't find the sensor on top rear motor deck just behind the intake manifold.????? Question: Has any one been through this and have some good guideance for me as I troubleshoot this?? THANKS very much. Darrell in Colorado

Reply to
dvcoble

Check the throttle position sensor.

Reply to