95 jeep

Hi, Can anyone help me. I have a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/168K miles on a 5.2ltr. MPI. It will cold start fine but once it has heated up and turn the engine off it will not restart, when it will restart it runnes very rough, to keep it started you have to pump the gas pedal. Once the engine cools down it will start fine and run great. The fuel pump is new and I have put injector cleaner in the gas. Thank you,

Reply to
wineguy

I would start by checking / replacing the temp sensor that feeds the computer. When they get out of whack the computer can't tell the temp of the engine. Without a valid temp reading the fuel curves are thrown off.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I'd be looking real hard at the fuel pressure regulator first and checking for leaking injectors second.

Reply to
aarcuda69062