'95 Toyota Land Cruiser No Start

I have a '95 Toyota Land Cruiser that is having intermittent starting problems. Here's what happens: It starts great in the morning and then I make about 3 or 4 stops within a few hours, shutting off the vehicle each time. Then, for whatevery reason, it won't start. It cranks strong, but it won't start.

The first time this happened was about a year ago, it took me about 15 minutes to get it started. Then it happened again about 1 month ago. It took about 20 minutes to get it started. Then about 1 week ago. That time it took 2 days of attempts to get it started. Now, over the past week, I've had it towed to the dealership twice because I can't get it started after 30-45 minutes of trying.

Oddly, both times I had it towed to the dealership, it started great in the morning when they opened so they couldn't diagnose the problem. And, apparently, the '95 Land Cruiser doesn't have history in memory, so they can't review codes in memory.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks, Hewie

Reply to
Hewie

Not sure if it applies to the LCs, but have a look at this page:

and study the appropriate Factory Service Manual for your vehicle and see if it might be applicable:

Roger Brown
[posted and mailed]

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Hewie) wrote in news:6ac0ae8a.0403040547.f2f9893 @posting.google.com:

Subscribe to one or more 80-series mailinglists at

(there is a global list and one Ozzi + one USA specific) and ask there. (or check the tech chapters & list archive first)

The EFI-box (electronic fuel injection) is a common problem on petrol

80's....just not sure whether for all years (both 3F & 1FZ-FE).
Reply to
Willem-Jan Markerink